RCU Forums - View Single Post - Half-A Profile Funfly
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 08:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: RE: Half-A Profile Funfly

HI MATCHLESS!! If you promise NOT to laugh, I'll show you my HALFWIT![I used that line on my first date with my wife!] It weighs 12.2 ozs, 3/16" balsa spars, no arrow shaft, and no plywood. The motor mount is a pair of 1/4"by1/4" maple sticks 2" long, on a balsa block. A little 1/32" ply ties the maple to the balsa. I had to notch the fuel tank into the wing[retro fit] to get the balance point into the happy zone, but now the plane has an ugly "PUG NOSE"[]!To top it off that ridiculous looking prop and diesel engine add further insult to the proud HALFWIT heritage! I tangled with a fir tree [like an idiot] while wringing it out in my back yard. It stuck in the tree with almost a full load of fuel and ran for 10 embarrassing minutes with squirrels running for cover. So anyway, the damage amounted to 2 ribs and splicing 5 spars, and a quick [hack job]recovering. I can't recommend the diesel and 7-2 prop highly enough! It gives the plane that much more gravity defying-ness about it. The throttle management in the hover is less critical, and the engine doesn't load up after being throttled back as much as a glow. It's a shame to hear about the heavier ones being made, because at even 14ozs it's a MUCH different plane to fly than at 12. I will get a FUGI tank going with VITON tubing so I can get rid of the tin can, that might get it under 12ozs. It will be interesting to do a DEPRON version, can't wait to hear DBs' flight report on the BARECAT!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79235.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	98147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94391.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	98148