RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or is everyone conterdicting them selfs?
Old 02-07-2004, 07:04 PM
sovietspyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it me or is everyone conterdicting them selfs?

I knew the time would come when I was sick of hearing this, so I think I have to say something now:

Anybody who thinks the MGT is just an overpriced T-maxx is an idiot. I don't understand how you can possibly think this. Let's look at the similarities then, shall we?

1) They both have four wheels (Those damn copycats at AE!!)
2) They both have engines (Shocking!)
3) They both have 8 shocks and two A-arms per wheel (Will it ever end?), something which very many trucks (including the savage) also have. However, since the Savage has a different chassis, everything else on it is kosher. But the second a company dare release a truck with a flat chassis and a vaguely similar suspension setup, everybody screams bloody murder.
4) They are both four wheel drive.
5) They both have differentials.
6) They can both move forward, AND backward.
7) They each come in a BOX!
8) They each come with radios! How DARE a company sell a radio with an RTR kit? Clearly this was an ingenius development by traxxas, never to be brought up or mentioned again.
9) They have ball pivot suspension (Speechless!!). Now even though this is an obvious sign that the MGT is nothing but a bigger T-maxx, I'm even more surprised at the other clear rip-offs. For example, the T-maxx uses screws! What's more, they are metal screws, just like on the MGT! And even more horrific, the screws are both philips head AND hex!
10) Both suspension setups have A-arms that kinda sorta go around the shocks. I guess this is clearly an innovation only Traxxas could ever imagine.

My point is that this argument makes no sense. People see the shock setup and instantly assume it's nothing but a T-maxx. This would be like going into a store, seeing an on-road car, and a MT, then seeing that they both have similar looking heads on the engines (though different in size) and then concluding they are the same. Why not just take it further and say that every car ever made is a ripoff of the original four-wheeled, engine-powered, held-together-by-screws, can-move-forwards-and-backwards-and-also-steer-left-AND-right car?

Please, this argument was old when it was originally uttered. Find something else to complain about.

That's all on that topic.

On another, why is everyone so hung up on the engine size? "Well yes the genesis may be more but...it's got a BIGGER ENGINE!!" Yes, it does, and your point? If more people were like that, the companies would just take a 50 cc lawn mower engine, kinda sorta bolt some wheel things onto it, and sell thousands for 700 dollars a piece. Get over it, there's more to a car than the engine it comes with. And at this price level, what do you expect? You expect every car to come with a WASP .26 in it for 500 dollars? Get over yourselves already.