RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full scale flyers....roll call.
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: Full scale flyers....roll call.

I got my license just after my 17th birthday, I'm now 20 and have my instrument rating, commercial license and hp/complex/tail wheel endorsements. I'm taking the winter off for instruction but I plan on starting CFI training this spring. I mostly fly Cessna 150/152's and Piper Arrows.

Edit: The picture I have uploaded is a self portrait (hence the crummy framing) I took while ferrying an Ercoupe up from California to Pendleton Oregon. It was an all expenses paid trip (the new owner didn't have their license yet)--keep in mind ferrying is about the only job a Private Pilot can do. I made the trip in July '02, visibility was horrible due to smoke from wildfires-it was an adventure which I didn't appreciate so much at the time, but I would love to do again now. The aircraft was supposedly fresh out of annual when the owner purchased it--and it looked pretty good to me. But next year, at annual they found a crack in the center spar [:-], cost about as much to fix as the owner paid for the plane. Its flying again, and the owner still doesn't have their license so I look forward to flying it with them this summer--best of all, now I can legally get paid .

The ercoupe was fun, though a bit uncomfortable. I'm 6' 5" so when I sat in the thing, I couldn't close the canopy completely because my head was in the way (the canopy has two halves that slide shut above the pilot's/passenger's head). It made flights even at 6000' kinda chilly, and it looked like I had stuck my finger in a light socket when I was done.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57059.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	99813