RCU Forums - View Single Post - im gonna strap my camcorder on my trainer ??
Old 02-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Rj-TailSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: im gonna strap my camcorder on my trainer ??

You had better heat shrink it in some coverings... or else the glow fuel will get inside your "camera" and cause you problems. Glow fuel crawls like nothing else I can think of other than maybe transmission fluid... Initially, glow fuel doesn't effect electronics. After a while it will start acting up intermittently. Trust me... bag it in "Plastic" Not Paper!

Other than that... Do post the video here LOL!!! I found a site last year, can't remember what it was, where a guy installed a full size camcorder on an electric. He didn't worry about aerodynamics... just bam right on top the CG. He spent thousands on batteriess to lift that pig. The flights were really funny, but it did fly. The thing I remember though is the actual video didn't look much better than what we people are producing today. I record at 400 lines resolution. After it's imported into a computer, edited, and burned... you are hard pressed to notice the difference between the direct camcorder and the wireless aerials.

Don't get me wrong... I've thought about doing it myself-grin... several times! LOL

Good luck!
Rob