RCU Forums - View Single Post - making the switch
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 07:29 PM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making the switch

Originally posted by gquiring
I have or had plenty to compare to: Du-Bro TriStar, Kavan Bell Ranger, American Revolution, Schluter Heli-Baby, Heli-Boy, Heli-Star, Mini-Baby, Superior, Champion, Scout 60, Junior 50, & Magic. Also Shuttle, Kalt Baron & Enforcer, Heim, Concept 30 & 60, X-Cell 40 & 60.
good so you know what i am talking about...

The Raptor in my opinion is the best heli out there for what you spend.
yeah, because it is the cheapest one, but spend a FEW bucks more and you get a better heli...

I do not like taking a 2nd mortgage out if I plaster my bird into the ground. Go smack a Vigor or a Fury in and see the dollars add up.

yeah, you are right about that, but what i find is that in most crashes the blades are the most expensive part of the repair, but with crashing once or twice a year i can live with that...

The other funny thing is guys that spend a ton on a bird, they are too chicken to fly them. They always go back to their Raptors or Shuttles to just have fun.

yes i notice that, it does happen with some guys, i though fly my crappy the same way i fly my fury... but that is just me and doesn't mean anything...

My feeling is this, the expensive heli's look real nice and are impressive, but they don't fly any better.

i don't agree, the fury DOES fly better than the craptor, but that is all so "personal" and really just depends on whom you are talking to...

But if a Raptor is falling apart, it's a building/setup issue, not the heli.

Gary

i don't agree...