RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Cam flight-questions
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 09:48 PM
TPierce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Cam flight-questions

[size=1]Hey,
I flew my first cam flight today witha 1lb 11oz canon camcorder mounted on the bottom of my alpha.40.

My first flight of the day was without a load. The plane flew great. The Thunder Tiger Pro.46 will take it vertical. I greased it in for a nice landing.

The second flight I put a bag of rocks the same weight as the cam in the camera mount to see how the plane handled the weight. The plane had a long takeoff roll but it got off the ground. Once I got up speed It flew fine without trim adjustments. I came in a little hot on the landing and it bouced but I didnt hit the prop on the ground.

Then it was time to put on the camera. i already had people wanting to see it fly. So I put it on the stand and we had cam trouble. After we fixed that we sat the plane on the ground and the mounting tray was digging in the grass and the plane wouldnt move. So we adjusted that and a friend took my plane out and set it on the runway and I gave it full throttle. On the takeoff roll we noticed that the tray was still dragging the ground but I just kept going. I fed it a little elevator and it woulnt budge. So when I just had a few feet of runway left I gave it fill elevator. It lifted off slowly but surely. I had really bad aileron response. I didnt even think about my dual rates. I flew for about 2 minutes and the muffler bolt came off and the muffler swiveled down. Lost all tank pressire. I came in for a landing but was too hot. I throttled up and the engine wouldnt go. so the plane went down in the field and flipped. No damage. I got the video back and everyone laughed at the crash part.

Somebody tell me how to get that video from the cam to the computer. I would love for yall to see it.

Thanks,
Trent