RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dropouts with 200mw 2.4Ghz...
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dropouts with 200mw 2.4Ghz...

Yeah, definitely getting more than you should. The dropouts are consistant with the plane's location I noticed as in you get them in the same places each time.
If you are putting trees and other objects between the plane and the antenna's line of sight that can cause it.
You might try a different location for the antenna. I stuck mine pretty much at the end of the field I fly at and only got a couple of dropouts when I was flying at altitude about where the X is:

ORIGINAL: stevennh

I got the Aerobird up with my new bwav200 system. I am powering the tx with an s-bec and it seems to work very well with no noise from the speed controller (powered off flight battery). I am using a patch antenna (8dbi circular). I put the antenna (rx) at the edge of my field pointing towards the middle of the field at about a 45 deg angle (using a camera tripod). The quality is good, but I am still getting more drop-outs than I would expect with this setup. I have tried two channels and get the same results. The tx is mounted below my wing and the tx antenna is over the wing (straight up). Even while flying close in, I am getting drop outs. Any thoughs? I am going to try another flight with the standard whip and see what I get from that. I will post videos later today.

Setup: 200mw tx (2.4GHz, whip antenna), rx (8dbi circular patch), camera cx161 (330 lines), power from 8.4v flight battery with 5v switched mode converter (s-bec). Camera and tx are mounted below the wing on opposite sides to balance the plane.

Update: Here is a sample (please excuse the flying!)

[link=http://www.s93421871.onlinehome.us/dropouts.wmv]Dropouts[/link]

Steve