RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full-screen, computer video capture software
Old 03-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full-screen, computer video capture software

Wow, that's deep... not sure what it means... must be a James B. thing...

Those HP's really lack video processing power. They only use 2M... ONBAORD! Can you believe they sold them like that??? I was stupid enough to purchased one for $1,600 from SAMS years ago. I removed the internal modem, the ethernet card, and replaced the memory because it would lockup the system. I "fooled" the onboard video and installed an ATI video board. It really helped a bunch. The HP still runs, but it contracted a virus which killed a bunch of bmp's I had captured with my digital camera. Those HP's are like an entirely different OS. I keep mind around, yet I don't depend upon it.

You will definitely see processing power improvements with your new system. Rendering speed won't change much. I use a 1.7GHz with the AllInWonder 8500DV capture card. Again, Ulead makes you pay for upgrade so beware. The hardware works well though. They have better capture cards out now. If it wasn't for their standard policy of picking pockets of their existing customers... I would upgrade. I figure I am done with them. Next software for me is Adobeeee Premire.

FuBar, I expect an Oscar or alike when you kickup that next system!!! Don't let those little buggs bother you!

Rob