RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full-screen, computer video capture software
Old 03-04-2004, 02:14 PM
forus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full-screen, computer video capture software

Flying realtime is what I meant. I used to fly with fullscreen display on my lap top using Haupauge videocapturing device,USB1. Later I uppgraded to Cameo video converter,USB2.0. The latter device gave better resolution,but there was still a minor delay on the signal. So,yes you can fly display realtime if using the Haupauge or Cameo video capturing devices.
My Olympus Eyetrek 200s allows me to ook up directly to my receiver, avoiding the analog to digital converting process. The video glasses are simply two small monitors (one for each eye) and allows me to fly only looking at the video. I have been using on board camera since 1999, but last saturday was my first fully attempt to fly only by video. I messed up though. I have two video systems.One 300m range which weighs 11g, and one 2km range. I used the small system on a foam wing. I had no problem flying, an my copilot told me where to turn. The world looks quite different from up there.Well, I flew farther away than I thought, and then the vido signal got bad. The tx obviously doesn't like minus temperature (did deepfreezer tests later on...!), and the signal "froze" up.I took of the glasses,but man,where is that little wing. Luckily my copilot is a golfplayer and picked out the point of impact presicely. I went for a looong walk, found the wing undamaged (its a combat wing and can take almost anything). I have decided to wait for the spring before cyberflying again wih this particula system.

Flying by looking at the video is a great experience!