RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Super Sports Senior Construction Diary and Review
Old 06-11-2002, 02:46 AM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models Super Sports Senior Construction Diary and Review

I've never done this before, but I thought I would share my construction steps of the World Models Super Sports Senior with you guys...

The ARF comes in a single box, well packed and extreamly complete down to the fiberglass cowl and pants and even a painted pilot figure! All of the parts are packaged in a logical manner so when you build the kit, it's easy to find things, and more importantly, not to lose them!

The first thing I noticed was the construction of this pretty plane, WONDERFUL! This is a very well built plane with smart use of lite ply. The grade of balsa and ply is very good to excellent. All of the joints were glued well with an unidentified epoxy type resin, not hot glue.

The covering is another Ultracoat/Oracover derivative. I tested it at 300 degrees and it irons out nicely. Of course there were no wrinkles on the plane at all! The covering job is excellent, say, 9 out of 10.

I would rate the hardware 7 out of 10. This usually means for me that I will use most of the hardware while tossing some. I believe in this case if you used all of it, you would not be dissapointed, I just am pickey about some things.

Although built well, this plane will come out light even with the RCS 1.44 that I plan to put on it. With the large wing, (over 1000 squares), the wing loading will be light and it will have no problem landing like a trainer.

Here are the weights of the parts in oz. to give you a feel for what it will weigh with your setup.

Vertical Stab 2.3
Horiz Stab 5.7
Right Wing 17.5
Left Wing 17.2
Cowl 4.5
Pants 2.0
Pilot 1.0
Canopy 3.1
Hardware Pack 21.2
WIng TUbe 4.0
Fuse 23.2
Decals 2.3
TOTAL----------------------------
104 oz. *16 = 6.5lbs (no engine or electronics)

OS .91FX 22.5 (with pitts muffler)
Prop 3.2
Glue & Epoxy 4.5
5 servos 8.1
Receiver .8
Battery and harness 3.5
TOTAL----------------------------

Grand Total 146.6 oz or 9.175 lbs with the .91FX. Of course, I will be going for the gasser which adds 15oz. to the nose
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13960_893.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	9007