RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI MT2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 01:23 PM
03 DSG Snake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

You'd have to race it in a 4wd stadium truck class, but from what I understand, most tracks only run 2wd STs. There is, however, more and more 4wd ST coming out so that class will probably become more and more common.

So far, I have broken the front right steering up right (got blindsided by a tree, dont ask) and hit a curb. A rear upright when I sideswiped a curb with the rear tire coming off of an awkward jump.

Bashing yesterday at the park with my Savage and MT2, I actually outran my friend's Savage 21 once it got going. The bottom end doesnt compare to the Savage. However, my .25 powered Savage is much quicker.

I did hit a sign post pretty hard yesterday at said park and broke the lower front control arm AND ripped the nipple off of the tuned pipe. Pretty off. I gotta learn to ALWAYS have a clear line of sight when running my cars haha [>:]

My original plan was to convert the MT2 to a Rally car and implement my old Savage .21 motor in there. However, I like the look of the truck, so am probably gonna tweak the suspension and drop in the .21.

Running on the grass at the park, it runs great. I don't jump it like the Savage, so I'm gonna grab a 2speed kit.

Oh yeah, my rear diffs HAVE already stripped out. The thing peels out in front wheel drive only. I called HPI last week telling them I had a grinding noise hoping to get a new set before they went south, but they told me to take em apart and check if they stripped. Now that they're gone (in 6 tanks), I hope they will send me an updated set free of charge.