RCU Forums - View Single Post - First plane
Thread: First plane
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 12:37 PM
jasonw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First plane

Hi. I would realy like to get into this hoby but seems there is always a problem. I keep buying planes from walmart that nose dive LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyway I was looking into geting the Great Planes Tutor Park Flyer Trainer Kit 44.75" http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVU19&P=0 It is pretty important to me that it be a kit that way I can build it "Always liked the idea of building" I also like the fact it is all wood construction. I dont realy like the idea of foam while it may be benificial I just dont like it. Dose anyone have experience with this kit? If it is right for me I would build it 3CH Throtle, Ele, and ruder. Also I have chosen to go with park flyers as I dont want to pay the money to join the AMA and the local club so this way I can fly it in the yard "about 1 acer" Thansk in advance for any help. Keep in mind I have flown before "al walmart planes" Crashed every one first flight. This would be my first hobby level plane and the idea is not to crash it so is this a good choice for a plane? Also I have heard of people converting Gillows <---spelling" Ruber powerd models to fly R/C Has anyone done this? Is it hard? Are you happy with the outcome? Our local Longs sells manny ruber powerd balsa planes in there model section and I would like to atempt this. Agan thank you in advance for any help you can give
Foot Hill R/C "ON ROAD, OFF ROAD & BOATS" Visit our club today