RCU Forums - View Single Post - CCRCC Dawn Patrol Games
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 11:00 AM
jchumley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCRCC Dawn Patrol Games

Is anyone planning on attending the inaugural Dawn Patrol Games at Charles COunty Radio Control club on April 4?

1. What will you be flying?

2. What is your experience level?

I will start:

1. I will be flying a DH2 pusher for events that don't require popping a balloon or cutting a streamer; A SPAD VII for the balloon and streamer events and, if all goes well for the next week or so, a Caproni bomber for the "protect the bomber" type events.

2. My experience level - I got started in the hobby a year and a half ago. I build better than I fly. I have never flown in any kind of competition. WWI is my favorite aeroplane era but I like just about anything that flies.

For those who don't know what the dawn patrol games are about, check out this link:

[link=http://www.charlescountyrc.org/wwi_profile.htm]Dawn Patrol[/link]

It is a kind of combination funfly/combat day with events designed for beginners who would be intimidated by a sky full of combat planes up through actual combat. The planes are limited to .25 sleeve bearing engines and performance upgrades are not allowed. Stock stuff. SOme of the funfly type events include:

Timed Takeoff, fly a course and land.
Pop the balloon.
Cut the streamer on a drone (zagi)
Spot landing

There will also be actual combat. For me it will by my first experience flying combat. I just hope I don't cut my own streamer and that the planes survive the day.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53421.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	115354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36244.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	115355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94564.jpg
Views:	14