RCU Forums - View Single Post - What system for a college class?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What system for a college class?

Aaron,
Its not the ready to go system, more like the build it yourself setup although there is nothing to setting it up. Just need to wire the camera to power and tx and wire the tx to same. That system is the 5v system. I bought a Kanwhosis 2 cell LiPo pack with 5v reg from FMA direct, what they call the sport setup which is designed to be a rx pack. 1020mAh which is WAY overkill. I think I should have gotten a 700mAh pack instead. I am, indeed, using the patch antenna that Bill sells which works very well, although the whip worked pretty damned good too. I got the patch antenna for acrobatics. I have no idea what the range is but it seems to be farther than I have been willing to take the plane out to with either antenna!'
I HIGHLY recommend the system over ANY of the systems I have been using. Definitely worth the cost which I think is very reasonable anyway.
Go for it!
ORIGINAL: aaron2874

Fubar,
Is the system you used on that video the 200mw ready to go system that yb2normal sells? And, are you using the patch antenna he sells as well? That system does rock! As you know, my plane is done and now I need the vid system. I think I'm going to order that from yb2 cuz (I'd guess) about 95% of that video footage is clear and kick ass. And when you did get a signal drop is was very brief and minor. Also, what kind of battery pack are you running the transmitter with? Please be specific so I will know what I need.

Thanks!