RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI MT2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Tex_MT2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Well, finally, after a lengthy wait, my MT2 has arrived. I picked it up last week, and I haven't had a chance to start running it in yet, but it looks nice. I've already gone and bought some 30 weight silicone shock oil as I'd read some time ago that the stuff often used in RTR machines (not just the MT2) from the factory generally isn't satisfactory.

A question on fuels - I read the manual before I went to buy my first bottle of fuel to ensure I wasn't breaking any guidelines on run-in, and the manual didn't mention anywhere that I should run a lower nitro fuel while running in. I compromised between a cautious 10% and the recommended 20% and got 15%. There shouldn't be any dramas with this should there? Some of my mates (who don't purport to be experts and were just relaying info they'd heard elsewhere) said that a motor should be started on a low nitro fuel and worked up to whatever you intend to run it on ultimately, and some other people think a motor should be run in from the start on whatever fuel you intend to run ultimately. I figure I'll run that bottle of 15% through it, and then commence to 20% and leave it at that.

As I live in Australia, I'm also temped to pre-emptively disassemble my diffs and shim them now, as I can't be bothered waiting for replacement parts to arrive if I lunch them.

I'm really looking forward to getting this thing going, looks like great fun! In the short time I'm planning to replace my normal batteries with a hump pack, and I'm going to put some shock socks on it. Any other suggested mods? I also will get a failsafe when I have some more spare cash. Steve, quick question, how does one bleed shocks properly? What's the technique in filling them properly?