RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI MT2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
EdsWords

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Whoa there Tex and Steve, don't be so judgemental about the companies making these products. I hope they all make a substantial profit so they can keep this hobby growing.

Some of the guys (not myself) can tell you about what things used to cost 20 years ago. By comparison, the cost to buy an RTR today is at an all time low and the quality has never been better. To put it in perspective, today you can get a RTR 50 mph nitro stadium truck for under 250 dollars and it won't be junk.

The progess is a direct result of the manufacturers quest to sell more product make more money. Their hard work has produced some amazing products and has brought the RC hobby to the brink of exploding into the mainstream. I wish it was this easy to get started in RC when I was a kid.

Capitlalism and profiteering make it possible for all of us to buy, hop up, and thrash these vehicles with out spending a fotrune. The thought that HPI, or LOSI, or AE or Traxxas is using price points to exploit young people, or workers for that matter, with their prducts is rediculious. This might sound harsh, but if getting a vehicle without adjustable turnbuckles or the cost of nitro makes you question the motives of the manufacturers of those products you should get out of the hobby and volunteer your free time somewhere.

I was in this thread because I am considering a MT2. It seams like a great deal to me. A 4Wd RTR with the Rotorstart system for under 340 dollars.