RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unionville Noseman on Floats
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Dblackadder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unionville Norseman on Floats

ORIGINAL: cf-drg

CA's have there place and time, but i build 90% of my airplane with Titebond II.. Once it is dry, it's dry..Also you have a bit more working time with the part your glueing.. I just find now-a-days I'm not in a hurry to get an aircraft built...But I still use CA on the hard to glue parts and then fillet them with the Titebond...
Also the Unionville float kit you bought is kinda " unscale ( very thin ) " but it will work just fine for the model.. In the future if your looking for a float kit that is a bit more scale looking, try Great Planes float kits or Carl Goldberg 36" ones... There are also lots of FG pre-mades and foam kits that are good also out there..
OO Ya also put a 91 4-stroke engine in the Norseman.. It'll sound way better than Yappy 2-stroke...

Titebond have any odours? What's it like weight-wise?

I agree re. 4-strokes. Again (I keep dating myself here...) they're a innovation in the 25 years I was out of things. I think I had heard of them way back when, but never heard one.

But I may never actually fly the thing. I'm having a great time building it. I enjoy it, find it relaxing and interesting to spend a couple of hours in the basement with the radio on, doing the odd bit of problerm solving etc. But I'm not possessed by any urge to see it fly under my thumbs. I'm thinking I'll sell it as ARC when I'm done if the build quality is good enough (so far, so good), or mebbe just park it on the diningroom table as a conversation piece (wonder if the family will notice???). [&:]

I'm already trying to decide whether the Unionville monster Beaver (almost 4m wingspan I think), the Unionville Tiger Moth or something a little more exotic (like some of the autogyros I've seen at http://www.autogyro-rc.com/) will be my next project.

I'm really pleased with Unionville's kit. Leaves lots of room for fiddling and customizing, but all the bits are there and the plans are high quality. If you want to build rather than assemble, I'd recommend them.