RCU Forums - View Single Post - ATTENTION: All Top Flite Corsair, P-40, ROBART 615 & CJM Retract Owners !PLEASE READ!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:47 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Refund from Sierra

I've been following this thread for quite awhile because I'm waiting for Darrell to make some Hawker Hurricane retracts. I've emailed him various times, and he has answered a number of them. For a while I got frustrated and looked elsewhere, but nobody else had any either, and people like Roy Vaillancourt said that Darrell's gear really is the best for the application. It seems to me that everybody who has some of Darrell's gear raves about how great they are, and people with other brands don't. I decided to wait for Darrell, because I don't want my gear collapsing on my bird. As for Darrell being dishonest, I can tell you that I emailed him asking about his new aluminum servo mounts, and he sent me half a dozen with no payment or card# up front. He just said "If you like them you can send me a check". Now that's the kind of relationship I like to have. They are beautifully made to boot. Anyway, I think Darrell may underestimate the time it takes to develop and produce a new product, but I know of several others that also made (and are making) that mistake (Brison R50, BME Extreme 55). I think that the wait will be worth it.
My two cents.
Sam