RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mad Force good for beginners?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mad Force good for beginners?

ORIGINAL: Crazy_Coconuts

My friend wants to get an MT other than the Savage and the T-Maxx (a friend and i have these already and he wants to be original), so i suggested the Mad Force... He is only going to buy from Towerhobbies because they have the good Int'l shipping rates... anyway i have a few questions about the MF...

1. about how fast does it go?
2. are there any design problems with it? (i.e. steering)
3. I heard bad things about the steering, is it really that bad? what exactly is wrong with it?
4. is it easy to find hop ups?
5. is it as 'fragile' as the T-Maxx? (if not, then is its durability comparible to any other truck?)
6. which part breaks the easiest?
7. which part should be replaced first? (tuned pipe, cooling head, shocks, etc...)
8. could my friend leave it stock and still be satisfied with it?

thanks for reading... i know its a bit long... you dont have answer them all, you can answer just one, but please try to hit as many of them as you can... again, thank you....
1. The MF goes 43 MPH like mentioned above.
2. Driveshaft like mentioned above. That is it!
3. Steering isn't as efficient as Maxx or Savage- but that's expected- it's a solid axle vehicle. It isn't bad though.
4. New Era makes some hop ups for it... Quite a few. Kyosho also has some hop ups for it. I would expect more in the future.
5. It isn't fragile at all. It is a very stout truck. I haven't broken a single thing since I have had mine.
6. Again, haven't broken a thing yet.
7. You could probably add the dual shock setup.
8. Yes. I think it does great in stock trim- but it isn't a racer as much as it is a rock crawler/basher.

I think the Mad Force is an AWESOME basher and all around fun truck and rock crawler. Solid axles are not super good for racing goes, and it doesn't jump as well as the Savage or Maxx in stock form. However, it WILL WHEELIE quite easily with the gearing of the 3 speed. It is one of the more realistic MT's out there, and I love it!!! It is my current favorite.

Good luck!