RCU Forums - View Single Post - does this exist (making sozbot)
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 02:05 AM
monkeyboy383

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this exist (making sozbot)

hey, i'm not too new to rc... but i don't have much experience past my 4 channel avastar trainer. i'm going to be building a mini battlebot (also known as sozbots for those of you who've been reading rc car action for long enough), and i need a radio. first of all i'm looking for something with 3-6 channels. i'm hoping to find a tank style controller (with a left and right stick that only goes forward and reverse, i want to stay away from any left or right rudder or ailereon type movement so that the each stick is only 1 channel), each controlling 1 servo. i plan to mount a miniature sprocket in place of the servo horn and mod the servo to rotate continously. in the chain and sprocket combo i would gear the servo up for more rpm's. but in adition to that i'm going to need to run a miniature linear actuator or 2 off of another channel (i'll be using a reciever voltage converter i'll get from an anamatronics store). i need one, 3 way toggle switch that will be positive voltage/off/negative voltage (which i would prefer), or something that would work to give me the same action through either 1 or 2 channels and 1 or 2 switches. i also need at least one of the 2 sticks to have servo reversing. i'm only 17, so i'm looking to keep it under $150. i'm looking for just the tx and rx in a set... i want to get some high speed servos instead of standards (if anyone knows what high speed servos similar to a futaba S3401 could be modified for to rotate continuosly... since i know not all servos can be). i'm hoping to stay away from computer radios... but if i can find one for under $200 with reciever i'd definatly be interested. it doesn't matter if it's AM, FM, or PCM. if anyone wants more details on the robot itself they can email me at [email protected] . i know that's alot of criteria... but any help is much appreciated, thanks.