RCU Forums - View Single Post - HERE COMES THE FUTURE IN RC RADIOS
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 10:55 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HERE COMES THE FUTURE IN RC RADIOS

Staraero,

"A change has been long overdue concerning the method and freq. we use, to transmit the signal and commands to our models."

Technically what you say is true, however the great inhibitor to technical advancement is our government bureaucracy and small population of RC modelers. The frequencies and methods of modulation are totally limited by FCC regulations. I for one would be extremely hesitant to try and get them to open up our present frequencies to allow spread frequency (on our current frequencies) because once the door is open we could loose what we already enjoy that works well for the majority of users.

I do see the need for a spread frequency or something like it for the mega expensive jets or scale aircraft. But given the realities of the small size market with limited financial rewards, I don't see anything like this happening soon. Unless it is through the efforts of some die-hard modelers, like Bob Wilcox and Mr Matt. Gentleman I applaud your efforts and hope you make some gold for a reward for a long and tedious job.

John