RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats with CEN
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats with CEN

CEN's marketing has not been strong to this point. Here is how I feel about it-

I think the information was introduced TOO soon, and gave us lots of time to think about it and come to our own conclusions. CEN shouldn't have leaked any information until closer to the launch before it was ready to ship- including videos and pictures. I believe it hasn't helped the launch by having so much dead time without videos or pictures to keep excitement up. Look at the Losi LST and the REVO. THOSE WERE PERFECTLY executed product marketing examples. Tons of hype, magazine covers, videos, and pictures- those trucks have REALLY raised enthusiasts excitement- I would give raises to their marketing departments for great execution and hype (TRAXXAS especially). CEN hasn't marketed their product well at this point. I don't think anyone could argue that, and that is why there are these heated conversations. CEN has allowed us to draw our own conclusions and then bicker aimlessly.

Maybe it will be the best truck out there, but their pre release product marketing has and will cause an impact on the trucks release, and I believe have a negative effect of potentially a great product.

As it stands right now, I will not buy a Genesis- CEN hasn't wowed me at all to this point. I think it will have to be a very strong product in all aspects to stand a chance and prove a generally pessimistic community wrong. If it gets rave reviews- then it might stand a chance. If the first hands on reviews are poor, it will be trouble from the get go.