RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Rambler 30 Elecrtic Conversion
Old 04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
curtusua-RCU
My Feedback: (91)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models Rambler 30 Elecrtic Conversion

WM Rambler 30 Conversion - Continued

Photo 1: The wiring from the ESC and UBEC will have to be cleaned up a bit after routing through the firewall and front former.

Wing

Photo 2: Here is a photo of the wing showing the black pinstriping I added between the red and white covering.

Photo 3: For the aileron servo I had to get a little creative as all that was provided was a hole in the wing center. The mount the servo I glued small ply pieces both in the wing center hole and the top to get a solid fit. I then placed small balsa shims on each side of the servo casing. These kept it from twisting from side to side as torque from the servo’s motion during operation imposed the force.

Photo 4: The wheel pants were a simple design but I don’t care for the outer straps that are just a simple flat piece of nylon. But I think they will work for the time being. My friend Jeff who has helped me through much of my Bohemia Monocoupe construction, painted the pants for me. We used Tamiya red which didn’t exactly match the color of the red plastic covering but I could care less!

All I have to do now is ream out the APC prop and spinner back plate and inspect all of the final installation and re-balance the plane to get the CG. Hopefully, with the added 5.5 oz of extra weight from the larger AXI that I can get the model to balance with very little added weight up front.
I’ll post photos of the model ready to fly in a few days and hopefully I can get some photos of the model flying.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59391.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	122522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12589.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	122523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33231.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	22.4 KB