RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why does the "Wanted Section" not work ?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 11:37 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why does the "Wanted Section" not work ?

Here is my take on the reason the WTB forums traffic is lower than the For Sale forums.

In the For Sale forums you have a person interested in selling an item posting, and people interested in buying looking. (Stupid sounding, I know, but stick with me.) This works well. Two interested groups = lots of traffic.

In the Wanted to Buy forums you have a person interested in buying an item, but who is looking? If someone had an item that they wanted to sell online would it not already be posted in the For Sale forums?

I am not saying that the WTB never works. I posted in the WTB for a kit that is no longer in production and a couple of days later someone with the kit answered. Now it is sitting patiently in my shop waiting on me to build it. (Thanks RCU) I know that people have stuff that they would sell if they were made an offer. The problem is we are trying to buy from someone who is not actively trying to sell. We can't make them look. If they were interested enough to regularly check the WTB forums, I think they would post the item in the For Sale forums.

So don't give up. It can work. I just don't see it ever getting as much traffic as the For Sale areas.

Eric