RCU Forums - View Single Post - genesis cheaper
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 01:51 PM
cj100570

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: genesis cheaper

Then I guess the release of Team Associated’s Monster GT and the LST must be signs of mismanagement too. It took the MGT almost a year and a half to be released after it's first showing and there's no firm date on the LST either. But as you stated; "Of course, Losi's been testing their truck for over a YEAR, so it's not like these mfgs aren't doing their legwork!!" So it seems to me that CEN must be "doing their legwork" too. We should all sit back, enjoy the ride we have and envision the day we can buy a new one. The manufacturers know what they're doing. They release new products when they're ready for release. CEN has never said anything other than the Genesis would be released in the spring of 2004. By all accounts spring is still the season we're in.
ORIGINAL: Deandome

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Kaiproska, Cen has been extensively testing the drivetrain on the Genesis. This is part of the reason for how long the truck has taken to be released.
I'm sorry, but Cens's LAUGHABLE release schedule is not a sign of thoroughness as much as it's a sign of mismanagement, inefficancy & contempt for the consumer.

They started promoting the Genesis OVER 7 MONTHS AGO, when it musta just been a figment in some engineers head!! NOTHING can justify this delay....NOTHING!!

Losi & Traxxas leak info about new trucks and BAM, there they are, 2 months later sitting on shelves (probably!). And they are MUCH more evolved/revolutionary re. their design & engineering. Of course, Losi's been testing their truck for over a YEAR, so it's not like these mfgs aren't doing their legwork!!

Maybe CEN thought by announcing a truck so far ahead of it's release date would keep buyers from going with other trucks. But I'm sure it's driven more people away as they get more & more P.O'd

Sorry, but CEN has shot itself in the foot & proven themselves to be a low/mid-level mfg. ala Duratrax. There's no way I'd trust a truck from such an inept company.

Dean