RCU Forums - View Single Post - GS SUT PRO
Thread: GS SUT PRO
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
fhm101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GS SUT PRO

ORIGINAL: muad dib

I tried them but they end up being shorter, they barely reach the other end. I'll try it agin later, when you mount them, did you have to move them forward on the end of the pinion gear? GS only has the one type of center universals right? I wonder whats up? I'll post some pics later.
I don't remember exactly where the shafts wound up in the center outdrives, but it must not have looked too bad or i would not have let it go and as much racing as the trucks i did have been in since, I would have heard about any problems by now. You could try moving the shaft further in toward the center diff, but i would think you would need to shim whatever gap you wind up with between the end of the universal and the diff case to keep your ring/pinion mesh right.
I just took a look at my old storm buggy and the center drives are well into the diff cups, but it's a Pro built on a gen 1 Fioroni chassis which is the shorter (RTR) version of the storm plate.
I'll see the guy with the Fioroni SUT this weekend and i'll get some pics of his center setup for you.