RCU Forums - View Single Post - F2G Corsair Build
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 11:35 AM
F2G-1
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F2G Corsair Build Sneak Peak!!!

Dion,
Glad you like the pic. I added it to the original message, and I knew many would miss it!
Here's my idea on the cowl, in 3 stages. First, I'm going to spin a plug that reflects the bow in the bottom half of the scale cowl. Then, I'll spin a plug that reflects the top contour (pretty much straight) Last, I'll split both of the plugs horizontally, glue them together, then sand and blend the bottom half into the top half where they meet. When I look at scale drawings, I notice from the top view, the lines of the cowl sides are consistant and parallel, wich leads me to believe the 'bow' is confined to the bottom half of the cowl, meeting the top half contour at 3 o'clock and 9 o'cloc, giving the apearance of a uniform cylinder from the top view. Hopefully, this method will eliminate alot of carving, as I have exhausted most of my artistic-freehand-carving/shaping/sanding skills on that damn intake scoop! We shall see! BTW, what kind of foam have you been using?

The canopy on the pict is actually the front windscreen from the TF kit, mated to the rear half of a Great planes P-51 canopy. I cant believe how close to scale it looks! (after some head-scratching and trimming!) How are you planning on tackling the canopy?

Ted