RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWs A10 EDf55's
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 04:41 PM
dbl8ts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWs A10 EDf55's

ORIGINAL: markysharky

Thanks for the help people, at the moment I'm mainly speculating as i have to wait for a paycheck but i will be getting they EDF-55 version. Right so my one won't work, i take it that means the small version batteries will?
Also aren't Lipoly's the ones that are prone to randomly exploding?

In the beginning, these batteries were known to explode and/or catch fire when abused or overcharged (Lithium-Ion and Lithium Polymer alike). There is now a :fail safe" feature built into newer packs that greatly reduces the likelihood of explosion. However, these batteries should not be overcharged or charged at the wrong rate. Also, during charging, you must be near and continually monitor them. It is recommended that you remove the battery from its enclosure, and place it on a fireproof surface rather than a car fender or work bench.

Of the two battery types, the Li-Ions are notorious for exploding and catching fire. I believe the ions are no longer being sold. When weight is a factor in building a model, the Li-Pos are the best. They are lightweight and offer greater capacity, thus longer flying times with proper throttle management. I'm no expert, but this is what I have learned in the past two months of investigating Li-Po batteries and their application in electric models. I hope this helps.

dbl8ts

I know theres one type that does this but I'm not sure if it's this one?