RCU Forums - View Single Post - To Evo or Not To Evo?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 09:45 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: To Evo or Not To Evo?

I own an Eclipse7 and have owned various Futabas...my father-in-law is a JR man and also has a 9Zap. I've played with all the radios and am now waiting for my Evo9 to show up on my doorstep.

I went to Toledo this year expecting to come home with another Eclipse and ALMOST bought a Tracker II. I am very glad I did some research on the radios out there before I plunked down my hard earned cash.

I never gave the Multiplex systems a thought because you don't see a media blitz for them like you do with other companies. I read everything I could and talked with Highflight-RCU (Thanks for the guidance Vern) and placed my order.

I'm a computer and electronics guy by trade and the capabilities of the EVO blows the other radios away IMHO......I can flash the software myself...no sending it in. I can backup my model memories to my laptop (which is ALWAYS with me) which in essence gives me unlimited memories. It has sophisticated battery management. I don't have to pull the RF section to change the frequency. You can angle the gimbals to what proves most ergonomic to you.

I sound like a commercial and don't have the radio yet, BUT isn't that the way you make purchasing decisions for a new radio or model? I have never found a hobby dealer who said !QUOT!take it home and fly it...see if you like it!QUOT!.

IF the big companies ever catch on to what Multiplex is doing we will all benefit.

My $.02....I'll get off the soapbox now.