RCU Forums - View Single Post - New monster truck! Suggestions please
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 10:48 AM
lordmeatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New monster truck! Suggestions please

These posts usually turn into a flame war of which truck is the best. I am new to this scene, and probably can't offer much info. It seems from your description, the MonsterGT or Savage would be good choices. I noticed you didn't mention t-maxx as an option. The t-maxx seems to be VERY popular, and has alot of hobby store support. I would bet that Savage would be a close second for support. So if LHS support helps, the savage would be a good choice. The MonsterGT is relatively new, I don't see alot of stuff for it in any of the LHS's, YET.

I don't know much about the Genesis, besides that it is BIG. Doesn't hold much interest for me. It is hard enough to find enough open space for a 40 MPH 1/10th scale, nevermind that beast. I would rather have something that I can raced friends with. That thing is in class by itself.

Another truck that might be of interest to you, is the GS Racing Storm SUT. I see as many of these in the LHS as I see MonsterGT's. You mentioned that you raced cars, and if you ever want to race this truck, it would be a good starting point. The truck is basically a modified racing buggy. So it is a cross between a buggy and a truck, truggy. There are things I don't know about it though. I wish I knew someone who owned one, because I am thinking about replacing my t-maxx with a Storm SUT. One question would be it's backyard-bashing capabilities. It sits lower than most Monsters, it handles better, but might not be able to climb over some stuff. The other question I have about it is parts availibility.