RCU Forums - View Single Post - Easiest To Program 9C or Evo 9 ?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Easiest To Program 9C or Evo 9 ?

I think that the learning curve to programming the Evo is a bit much. It would be nice to be able to use the radio out of the box.

Maybe Multiplex could make standard templates and allow end users to select the widgets they want to use, like the AR's do. I really want to fly, not write programs. It would be nice to have mixes in the basic radio program and or make them available on line and allow me to assign the "widgets" and channels I want to use.

I am looking for standard aerobatic/scale templates for dual aileron, elevator and flap servos with included trims, landing mix, throttle curves, rudder to elevator/aileron mixes.

Make the end points, travel, subtrim for a given surface/channel easy to access in one screen so I can set up that surface in a few minutes after connecting the hardware linkages. Is this how the Evo programs?

I don't see the benefit of being able to put my throttle on channel 9 and then assigning channel 9 to the vertical axis of the left stick. But come to think of it I would like to try using the throttle on a slider with my left middle finger and leave the rudder on the left stick by itself but would still be fine leaving it on the standard "throttle" channel.

Can the Evo accept downloads from a pc.

Maybe to would be possible for people to share their custom programming templates in a forum similar to the Real Flight simulator airplane templates. What do you think?