RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Monster Truck for Racing????
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 08:01 PM
vizaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Monster Truck for Racing????

ORIGINAL: fhm101

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

HAHAHAHAHA thats what u think........ Dominater will kill storm. It also depends on the driver.
I've been racing MT for a few years now and the two biggest jokes around the track are the Savage and Dominator. I've seen many folks try to make these two trucks into serious contenders, spending major money and time only to give up in the end. Don't get me wrong, both are nice trucks for fun, but the Savage suffers from design limitations and the dom driveline (especially the diffs) is too fragile to stand up to the strain of racing. The only person I've ever seen do well with Dom is a lady from California that races one. Of course you have to keep in mind that both front and rear diffs/bulkheads on her truck are one off custom units so they stay together long enough to finish a race. Did I mention she also runs the full T Maxx suspension setup on her truck? Further proof of the Dom and it's problems are the fact that OFNA's top driver/R&D man is currently working on a truck version of the Hyper 7 for release to the public. What's remarkable about this is that he started with the Dom when it first came out and was doing real well, but quit racing it because they could never get the diffs to last long enough to finish a long main.
While i would usually agree that the driver is a major part of any winning equation, where the Dom and Savage are concerned, sadly enough the truck is the limiting factor.
i vouch that a savage is a good race truck. i race mine and win races. it handles great on the track and does not lean much in the turns and can beat t-maxxes and other trucks in accel.