RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal evo 12 feedback, heli?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 04:37 PM
tjay88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal evo 12 feedback, heli?

Hi Derrick,
I've had my Evo for 18 months or so and is complete with the synth module and scanner, both of which are excellent. In fact I'm just waiting to receive a new synth reciever too!

As too what I fly, I fly both normal 2 stroke and turbine powered aircraft. I've also used it for heli flying with my Raptor. This radio is just superb once you get your head around how it works. The heli mode/template operates somewhat differently to what you're probably used too and it took me a little while to understand what was going on. Basically the collective is on the throttle stick and the throttle on the 'F' slider. Both operate entirely independantly until you engage a switch to activate the mixers. This way you can check the throttle response with out adding collective. Once the switch is engaged, moving the collective (i.e. throttle stick) up will still only increase collective pitch, not throttle as well. This had me completely puzzled for a while until I re-read the manual! With the collective stick down you now move the 'F' slider up to it's top position which increases the engine revs to a high idle(or whatever you set it too). Once this slider is at the top the throttle collective mixing is now active and advancing the throttle stick increases both the throttle and collective at the same time according to whatever parameters you have set with regard to curves etc. It probably sounds more complicated than it is.

I hope this proves useful to you. All I can say is than I don't regret buying this radio one bit. It just keeps getting better and better. Quite literally with the software update facility!

Regards,
Tony