RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Customer Service
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 11:58 PM
lortap1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizon Customer Service

Hi All,

I’ve read a few posts over the years about bad service from this company or that company and felt I should toss in a quick atta-boy for Horizon Hobbies.

I sent in three DS8411 servos that I bought for a Heli just as all the warnings came out about not using them for a Heli. I shipped them off snail mail by USPS on the 9th. As this was my 1st Heli project I was a bit nervous and if I crash would rather have dumb thumbs to blame rather than equipment failure.

Sent in the servos plus a 4735 (felt would be a good starting tail servo for hover use) that had been used and abused on a car. Sent a letter asking to phone me if servo had any future for Heli use or if could be rebuilt (at my cost)

To my surprise on the 14th the UPS man dropped off a package with three brand new DS8311 servos in unopened packages. Also included was a brand new 4735 with a note that said my servo had a buzz under load and they felt the motor might fail in the future. All this with no request for any payment from me and replacing used servos with new ones.

JR gets my vote for Radio /Servo purchase in the future even if they are a few dollars higher. This type of customer service was outstanding and beyond what I had expected when sending the original servos off and being told there would be a motor upgrade only.