RCU Forums - View Single Post - ?????please answer to this question????
Old 05-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ?????please answer to this question????

ORIGINAL: madmaniac
* Is the engine as easy to start as an chainsaw engine, is it easier than a Nitro engine
* Is it as fun as a ordinary 1/8 monster truck, can it handle big jumps without breaking??
I guess it depends on the chain saw and how the truck is tuned. Overall it should be easier to start than a nitro engine since there are no glow plug hassles and the ambient temperature doesn't effect the engine so much like a nitro engine--you can visit the Traxxas message board and read Traxxas' own post regarding tuning and ambiant temps.

Any truck can be broken and FG will be no exception since the arms can be broken or basically any part depending on the amount of abuse you can dish out. After all, can't a real truck break? Another thing to remember is that the FG usually ships with a Zenoah G230RC oil/gas engine, which stock puts out a lot more horsepower than its smaller counterparts and with some moding can crank out around 5hp. If I were you, I'd visit the Large Scale Forums since there is a US Importer that posts there along with another distributor out of Holland.

ORIGINAL: hansdava
i would say the revo because i never hear about the other one, i 'm fanatic to forums and like i said never hear about it. the traxxas is well known and good in quality too, but if you find a mammoth would be better(here $ 370) or also asociated mgt or hpi savage .25 ,these two last one better in durability than the mammoth.
A claimed fourm fanatic but has never heard of FG though there are numerous threads on RCU regarding FG on this subform and numerous threads on the large-scale subforum--that sounds like some comforting advice, especially since you didn't answer the questions. Also since you missed the threads numerous times, here is a large photo from this subforum.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/The_...1745782/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie