RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Genesis stuff
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 05:16 PM
RessurectionX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Genesis stuff

See you guys are not looking at this truck from a marketing standpoint. What me and thermal were only pointing out is that if Cen wants to sell this truck at its full potential they need to bring more to the table than those videos. So please dont get all but hurt from us stating facts from a marketing standpoint.

Here is a quote from Cens site about the Genesis. "CEN Racing is proud to introduce the biggest, meanest monster truck ever released in the R/C world. Built to out climb, out power, and drive over all other trucks. The Genesis comes standard with our huge and high performance racing engine connected to an adjustable 3-speed transmission for brutal bottom end torque while still maintaining good top end speed."

This is the right thing for Cen to say if they are trying to promote and sell this truck. Based off that quote I am sure a lot of people are already sold. Then you look at the videos that have been released of the truck and you are like.... um ok? Where in those videos does it showing it out power out climb any other truck. There are trucks on the market now and probably 10 years ago that coulda went faster up that hill and had more power than what those videos were showing. Racing engine. If the engine is so great why didnt they get some high speed footage? Or maybe try to show the low end power. Where in those videos did the three speed transmission come into play? If you are going to market a product as being capable of doing one thing then why release videos that dont show it doing it? Also you said Cen said that the center diff wasnt adjusted right, thats why it wouldnt wheelie. Why release a video saying it does a wheelie when the only way you can get it to wheelie is by going from reverse to forward? Why not adjust the diff and get it to wheelie the right way like they say it could? Instead Cen played it safe. Thats not how you sell a truck.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying that the Genisis is a poor truck in anyway. I think if it does what they says it does its going to be one of the best trucks being released. But claiming one thing and showing another is two totally different things and in my opinion was a big mistake on their part. Hopefully they can get some better videos up and trash the ones they have now, because if thats all they are going to have on the truck they are going to loose customers to other manufactures like Losi and Traxxas.