RCU Forums - View Single Post - not kool!.... radio problems
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 05:23 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: not kool!.... radio problems

Well, these types of glitches can be a royal pain, and need special attention. Heres what i do when i get these problems. Take ALL of the radio equipment off the vehicle. Make sure your RX battery is charged. Then hook everything up as if it were on your vehicle. Turn it on, and see what happens. If its not glitching, then you have metal to metal contact glitching on the vehicle itself. If it still glitches, then its something else. Assuming its something else, heres what i do. Process of elimination! Try another RX battery. Even if its fully charged, it may still have a cut in the wire causing a glitch. So check with another battery. Move on. Check servos. Do this by unplugging one servo at a time, and testing the rest of the equipment. Check the switch harness! If you dont have an extra switch harness to test with, then eliminate it. Just plug the battery directly into the Batt on the RX. Test it again. If you havent found the glitch by now, then check the antenna. Any cracks, or breaks in it? Still no luck? Go straight to the Crystal. Remove it, and put a new crystal in. Yours may be fractured, or have water damage. Test it! After all that, it may be the actual RX. Now you see what i mean by special attention? Its a lengthy process, but it will certainly figure out the problem.

Matt
ORIGINAL: rcdude37

ok.... well i just hooked it up to the batt on the rustler to make the process a lil easier.. is that gonna work ok or will it still make be messed up because it was the same!.......