RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wow. Traxxas REVO is impressive.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wow. Traxxas REVO is impressive.

ok ok.....I can totally agree with you that the suspension on the REVO is more high tech and adjustable but I say leave that for the track. If you just want to go full out backyard bashin' then some shiny aluminum long travel shocks are the way to go. Usually if your bashing for the day, the only reason you would stop playing is because your out of fuel or you broke something. The standard suspension system is much simpler and the REVO's suspension seems too weak for a daily basher. The shocks on it are held on with all plastic pieces. With most trucks on the market, you can get aluminum shock towers, bulkheads and A-arms. I would like something simple to easily replace so I can get back out there. I might change my mind if they come out with some more aluminum shock pieces.

I know its not all about how much shocks you have but it can help if you know what your doing. You can put on more shocks with heavy springs so you can do high jumps your you can still have the same amount of shocks but change the springs on the same wheel to different spring rates to make it medium stiff. With more shocks, the more adjustable it is. Also, you can still have 4 shocks but with bigger bores. Look at the new Losi LST, it is a big MT but has 4 big bore shocks. So I believe that the REVO looks great for track but standard suspension is better for bashing.