RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why dont we just......
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why dont we just......

ORIGINAL: Deandome

It was mentioned once, but the answer to your question STILL is that nitro packs more than DOUBLE the power than petr....er, gasoline.

You want a big truck (again, too big for most/all tracks & racing)? Groovy!! That fg looks cool (NEVER seen or heard of them before!!), BUT, you could shave POUNDS off it's weight AND STILL get MORE power if you dropped in a big-block nitro engine (or two, or three...).

It doesn't matter what size/scale you're dealing with. Nitro will ALWAYS increase your power and/or be massively lighter than the equivalent gas engine. ALWAYS!!!! It's just that you can only start talking Zenoah once you get to 1/5-1/6 scale.

Still & all, when you Europeans get your big 'ole fg petrol trucks, you're gonna get your arses ROYALLY kicked by the first guy who hoists out that engine & converts it to nitro (one BIGGIE or multiple smaller ones)!!! Yes, you'll save a lot of $$$, but that really isn't what we all are shooting for, is it??
Yor are right about the HP for a nitro over a gas but, the gas engine will have allot more torque which you need to move a big heavy truck like that. It would take 3-4 nitro engine to =1 gas engine in the torque department.. Don't get me wrong I love my nitro MT's but, there is a place for everything.