RCU Forums - View Single Post - Better body mount system for Mammoth and others
Old 05-06-2004, 07:06 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Better body mount system for Mammoth and others

I have seen lots of guys having problems with bending there shock towers when they pancake or crash into things. The best body mount system for ANY r/c is one that does not have or use the tops of the shock towers for mounts, the trick is to have a more independent body mount system away from the shock towers so the shock towers can do there original job better by just being "shock towers".

I use the MRC thunder King nylon body mounts on many of my kits and it turns out they work great on this kit as well. I also put on an extra front bumper on the rear for better protection from tail landings.

The lower part of these mounts that are mounted on the other side of the shock towers mounts are 6mm thick and stiff, I think they maybe a bit to thick, 3mm maybe better because it would offer more movment/flexablity. Most importantly there is a gap/space between the shock towers and body mount system so the body mounts can flex and move in a collision/tail landing/pancake without stressing the shock towers