RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which one?
Thread: Which one?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 09:32 AM
mnsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which one?

ORIGINAL: jet6619

Ok Im getting a monster truck but there are so many to choose from. I've narrowed it down to HPI savage 25,Traxxas T-maxx, and The XTM Mammoth. Which one is recommended?
What do you want to do with it? The XTM is super fast, as has been stated, but few people need 52mph in an MT and it takes quite a while to get to that speed. The T-Maxx is the fastest accelerating with still a nice top speed, but it's not very tough. The MGT is relatively slow from what I've read, but still plenty powerful to be loads of fun. The Savage is the most durable truck I've ever seen and me and my friend have put ours through hell and they keep coming back for more. Pretty fast, loads of fun.

But if you want to race, the Maxx and Mammoth are slightly better suited for it out of the box, but the MGT and Savage can be made into good racers as well.

All of those trucks are recommended by someone somewhere, you just have to decide which points are the most important between speed, acceleration, durability, reverse, electric start, race-ability, etc. And don't forget parts support! If your LHS doesn't have XTM parts on hand (for instance), that takes away some of the fun of owndership!