RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bashing strength:savage or mammoth
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 12:22 PM
mnsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bashing strength:savage or mammoth

ORIGINAL: sn0wrider

uh...dale the mammoth isnt weak..the savage has plastic gears for crap sake..my friend has a mammoth and right after he broke it in, he got into 2nd gear and hit a tree head on, yet only broke the shock tower..road it away
Plastic gears in the Savage....yeah? So? It's also got metal gears where it needs them. I've had my Savage for 16 months and never broken any plastic gears except one spur thanks to operator error (bad mesh). Believe it or not I sheared off a metal screw in my bumper, but the plastic held up. Plastic is light, somewhat flexible, and in the proper composition it can be very strong. Come to think of it, I think the only plastic things I've broken on my Savage are tie rod ends, a shock body, and I cracked a skidplate. I think the metal vs. plastic breakage has been about even.

I'm not saying the Mammoth is weak or anything, mind you, just talking about the Savage here. If you want to see some video proof of the Savage's toughness, check out the vids at www.slapmafro.com. We beat the snot out of them and they just keep coming back.