RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Ultra Stick .40 (Red, White and Blue)
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Billy Haynes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Stick .40

More progress. I subbed the supplied cont horns on the ailerons with some Sig horns I had. I don't have to have extreme throw on the ele & rud for sport flying, but I like alot of throw in the ailerons. I love to fly low & fast down the runway C.L. & pull vert into multiple fast rolls. Or just quick rolls in level flight. I know, not very complicated or impressive, but I enjoy it all the same. I used the following supplied linkage hardware- all cont rods, clevis's, (2) cont horns. I didn't use the supplied EZ links. I'll use EZ links or z bends on something like a Seniorita, Cub or Telemaster, but not on a sport plane. I used Dubro Solder Kwik-Links on the servo end of the rod (non threaded part of the wire). Another H9 short coming was found in the cont hookup process. The supplied clevis's: the end you screw on the threaded rod is bigger than the threads on the rod for about 1/3 the length of the clevis, the other end of the hole is plugged. So that means you only have around 3/16" of clevis that's gripping the threads, & not much to work with for adjustment. To "fix" this I used my exacto to open up the plugged end of the clevis. I hooked up the linkage with some threads sticking out of the clevis, so I have some room to play with for adjustment & the clevis will be held on by as many threads as possible. I hope this wasn't too confusing
Hopefully I'll be able to find time to balance it tomarrow & do some tweaking in the TX (expo, H/L rates, timer ect)