RCU Forums - View Single Post - Differences between different scale trucks?
Old 05-07-2004, 12:07 PM
germ79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between different scale trucks?

Hello to all! I am new to Nitro RC Cars and am trying to find the right one for me. I had RC cars growing up, but only the Radio Shack kind. So, getting to the point...

Besides the obvisous size difference, what are the differences between 1/8 and 1/10 scale trucks? I've been reading up on different ones in magazines and on this forum, but can't really decide what's best for me. I'd like to have one I can just rip around the neighborhood in and take out into open fields, etc... and have some fun with. I read some about the Schumacher Menace .21 and it looks really nice. It also goes 70+ mph! However, I've been doing some reading up on the much anticipated REVO and it sounds nice as well. I guess it's top speed is in the neighborhood of 50 mph. Now, I don't want to get a truck only because it is the fastest, but it is always fun to have something fast! I coudn't figure out for a couple days why the REVO is slower, but then I realized that it is a 1/8th truck instead of a 1/10th!

So, what do you guys think? What's more enjoyable, a 1/10th or 1/8th? What are some pros and cons? Also, how do you think the aftermarket will be for the REVO? It seems like there would not be many parts out for it right now because it doesn't seem to share a similar design with current trucks. And one last thing...I've been reading the MANY threads on the REVO and was just wondering...FLAT OUT...is the new deisgn something that is really BETTER than what is out now, or is it just different? Are other companies going to start moving it that direction as well because it is REVOlutionary? I just want to make sure whatever I spend my dough on is something that is going to be nice and will have a good selection of aftermarket parts available for it.

Well, that has all kinds of questions embedded in it, so I'll let you pick and choose! Thanks for all of your help!

Jeremy