RCU Forums - View Single Post - UPGRARED ENGINE .26, NOW TORE UP DIFFS!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:05 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UPGRARED ENGINE .26, NOW TORE UP DIFFS!!!

What shafts are you referring to? The bones? The savage HD bones hold up really well. The tranny is the problem with the MGT. And yes, the savage tranny can handle it and alot more. Regardless, this post isnt about the savage. What gets to me is that AE points fingers at bad driving, and .26 sized motors when people post problems on their site. My point is like i stated, AE brags about how tough this truck is (BFT), and then tells customers it was made for the stock .21. I think AE should atleast go thru and fix these problems, and acknowledge them. I would buy AE again if they said they had improved the truck, made things better. But the claim that they made about the "first run" of trucks having some pre-production parts, seems like BS. Go over to the other sites for the MGT, and read all the problems. Im sure alot of these problems come with the SIZE of the vehicle itself. Bigger, Heavier, and gonna put more stress on everything including the tranny. This post does shock me though. I never thought those diffs would go that easy. They looked extremely high quality to me.

Matt
ORIGINAL: ZAD

good points but is there a truck out there that can take the power of a .26 or more and not have a problem I know my savage cant with a picco or dynamite they seem to go through drive shafts regularly no matter what one does,as well as any other truck I have .the bft is easy to work on and seems very tough stock,I am scared to upgrade the engine though