RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which truck do you recomend that is good in all aspects such as durability, racing, and speed?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:32 AM
slago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which truck do you recomend that is good in all aspects such as durability, racing, and speed?

That's OK. Don't beat yourself up over it ;-)

I still like the intention of thread started by Duff_Beer. He asked everyone what they "thought" would be the best of the 4 trucks given. I do agree with "ehhhh" that we should not get off track and carried away with an "I know this for a fact" attitude since this is just a "SWAG" at this point.

Here is my SWAG:

I think the LST will be the truck to beat for bashing and racing. They are NOT mutually exclusive in my mind. I see no reason why they should be.

I think the Genesis is intriguing but I am fearful that it is just two heavy to stand much abuse. 17-18 lbs means that EVERYTHING on the truck has to be able to withstand serious punishment when it lands after a 10 foot jump (or more). My gut tells me that there will be weak links (take your pick, shock towers, steering blocks, etc). This is one I am going to wait before commiting my thoughts and would definitely wait before buying.

REVO - I like the technology. Remember that this is "first version" though and the inboard shocks concern me about smoothness after time. I also don't like all the bad rep that 2.5 little engine has about it.

Savage - I actually have this truck and I like the simplicity and reliability. It's cheap and works well. A good all around performer.

PS. Let me know if anyone needs to know what SWAG means.