RCU Forums - View Single Post - 10scale Thunder King...PSYCHO KILLER!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 09:05 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 10scale Thunder King...PSYCHO KILLER!

A bit more info on the 10scale mod.

Striping and polishing up the chassis is super easy to. all you need is some Easy Off oven cleaner, sos pads, gloves and maybe a bit of fine grit sand paper for the stuborn spots. Spray the cleaner on the parts, let sit for 5 minutes and rub off with sos pads and rags. After wards you can use most types of automotive rubbing/polishing compounds to shine the parts up, I rub the compound on the parts buy hand until the metal turns dark, then I use a cheap high speed buffing wheel to finish it off, I am not fussy so it only takes me a few minutes to do all this and get a nice cool custom finish for cheap.

It is super easy to shorten the stock chassis. I recommend to anyone doing this mod only to counter sink the tranny screw holes only, the a arm support holes do not need it and just to use regular pan screws, doing this will add strength to that part of the chassis, especially when using big m/t tires. Cuting the chassis like in the pic will give you up to a 12 inch wheel base, the chassis could also be cut even shorter to give you even a 1/2 inch shorter wheel base than what is shown here.

Here is how it looks done, this TK is using a novak 828 and will be using twin trinity scr 6 cell packs, it has trinity saphire 17 turn motors with 14 tooth pinons and the factory (small) spur gear. All these etk kits have been upgraded with the better ntk parts also. I had a chance to run ETK #1 up and down the alley way and for an elc it goes and handles great, I think? it could smoke a E maxx on a race track. Just guessing but TK #1 seems to be going 30+ mph, I took this kit to our LHS and let the guys there test it to get there opinon on how it runs compared to a e maxx because they sell them there, they would know better than me, and when they ran it they told me it's faster than a stock E maxx

I bought a few Pro-Line "max type" bodys i will paint up with my kids and make some scale looking M/T's like the new Big foot, Grave Digger, Dragon Slayer and a few others.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82968.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	134178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64758.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	134179   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27013.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	72.5 KB