RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot kit questions
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 02:55 AM
eliav-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot kit questions

The jet 90L is really just a .60 sized engine with allot of power and it doesn't way that much so i don't think that I will have problems with the setup it is just that I want to make the wing and fuse a little bit stronger but I don't know exactly were. I was thinking of putting a carbon rod in back of the main spar of the wing and one through all of the ribs but i don't know if it will help or just add on useless weight.

I am looking for high speeds but i don't know I think that the intakes look cool and thats really the only reason for me leaving them on, but thats my opinion. I was also thinking of making three (1/2") holes in each rib to reduce weight, maybe to compensate for the carbon Rod but i don't know if it will be structurally safe. O and I decided to put hobbico retracts in but take the standard landing gear given in the kit and fit it to the retracts so that they will be stronger and less flimsy...

Did I mention that I'm only 15 1/2 yrs but don't think of me like that...And yes I have logged the flight hour's!!!