RCU Forums - View Single Post - Custom Checker pattern steps?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 04:48 PM
RoughLandin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Checker pattern steps?

I am looking to create a checker pattern on my GP Super Skybolt using uncommon colors, Florecent Green and white or Silver and white.

I have never done a checker pattern so hears what I'm thinking. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

1) Checker size, measure the wing cord (Skybolt has constant cord wings) and decide how large you want each checker to be be. Choosing a number that will be divisible by the cord, this should help to create a symetrical pattern that fits the wing perfectly.

2) Layout the base Monokote (white), Create a grid, either by drawing on the white or measuring each square for position when adhering them.

3) Cut out all the squares (I can hardly wait)

4) Adhere all the squares to the Base Monokote while it's flat, I'm thinking that the trim solvent will work the best here. (I hope I can place them in a straight line after working around the solvent fumes)

5) Cover the wing with this composited sheet.

Another question.

The top wing on this plane is swept. Should the checkers follow the leading edge or shoud they match up with the checker grid on the straight bottom wing?

wing