RCU Forums - View Single Post - LT-40 Century Model
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 AM
JimTrainor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LT-40 Century Model

I have a customized LT-40.... nearly ready to go.

- Rounded the horizontal and vertical stab to roughly match the contour of the wing tips. Much prettier than square.

- Added a small filet the bottom/leading edge of the vertical stab as is typical in a vertical stab.

- Flying wires on the horiz/vert stab. Many people seem to add something to stabalize the vertical stab. Wires were my choice. It also looks neat.

- Lights for late evening flying: Red/Green at wing tips and white strobes at wing tips. A red strobe at the vertical stab top - ran the wire inside a dubro antenna tube that runs inside a balsa channel that was attached to the leading edge of the vertical stab. Two red strobes on the fuse bottom. Two narrow beam lights under the forward fuse (landing lights). These are all ultrabright leads from here: http://www.curtek.com/

- Coverall and dope covering.

- Wing bolts

- Some blind nuts attached under the fuse in a few strategic locations as "hard points" to mount who-knows-what someday.

- Similar "hard points" in the wing bottoms to attach struts (if the mounted accessories are heavy) or to mount whatever (more lights?, streamers?, smoke-riter?)